Greenville divorce lawyer J. Michael Turner represents spouses in high-asset divorces involving significant amounts of marital property or income.
When a marital estate is considerable, a divorce must be approached with even greater detail and precision. Attorney Michael Turner is an experienced litigator with a track record of success advocating for his clients in complex, high-net-worth divorce proceedings.
Protect your assets and standard of living. Contact divorce attorney Michael Turner of Turner Family Law to discuss your situation. We can start representing you today.
Lawyer Handling High-Asset Divorces in Greenville, SC
A divorce adjudicates all the rights of the parties in regard to the marital estate. To truly receive justice, marital assets must be identified, valued, and made a part of the case. The judgment must be carefully worded and post-judgment ministerial matters must be addressed to finalize the division of assets.
Michael Turner is a lawyer handling high-asset divorces in Greenville, South Carolina. When you need an experienced professional to ensure that your rights are protected, Michael Turner will advocate for you.
Important issues to address in a high-asset divorce
When a divorce involves a significant estate, there are several issues that must be addressed. Here are some of the things to be aware of that may need focus during a high-asset divorce:
- How to negotiate effectively and get what is most important to you without excessive compromise
- Having complete and accurate financial records that stand up to scrutiny
- Identification and valuation of assets, how to present evidence to the court regarding value
- Whether an asset is marital or non-marital
- What property division is appropriate
- How a suggested property division would work, and what you need to be aware of when evaluating the options
- The appropriate amount of alimony and spousal support, taking any unique circumstances into account
- Business valuation and income generated from a business
- Whether one spouse supported the other to earn an income-generating degree
- Use of expert witnesses who are qualified to present information regarding valuation
- Tax implications of any proposed settlement
It is common for one party in a high-asset, high-net-worth divorce to be in the dark about what assets the parties have and what they are truly worth. One party may have been in control of the accounts during the marriage. During divorce proceedings, a party may try to hide or minimize things that are marital and should be a part of the case.
Michael Turner Family Law can help you with the following:
- What assets do the parties have that should be a part of the divorce?
- What are these assets worth?
- How should they be divided? How do I get that division?
- How does the divorce judgment need to be worded?
- Is compliance going to be an issue? How do you ensure that the judgment will be carried out?
Having an experienced high-asset divorce lawyer assist you can go a long way to protecting your interests now and in the future. Michael Turner will work diligently through the entire process on your behalf.
Personalized legal strategies for high-asset divorces
Divorce is a difficult and emotional process. When there is a significant marital estate, it is important to know your rights and options. Then, you must work diligently to build your case and seek the appropriate division of assets. The division of property is not automatic – you must identify what is part of the marital estate and how it should be divided. You must also present the evidence and arguments for alimony, child support, division of retirement accounts, and other key financial issues.
Lawyer Michael Turner has years of experience litigating divorce cases in Greenville, SC, and the surrounding areas. He understands the legal procedures that are important in high-asset situations. He is a full-service, high-asset divorce lawyer.
If you are considering filing, he can consult with you about how to protect your assets now. If your spouse has already filed, he can get to work right away representing your interests.
Consultations Available – Talk to a Lawyer Now
Contact Michael Turner for your consultation. Whether you are exploring your options or ready to proceed, we invite you to talk about the specifics of your case and how we can help. Contact us today.